- Have an English-only evening once a week. Cook in English (rewrite your recipe in English) or watch English movies.
- Write an English love letter. (If your loved one doesn't understand English that's even better!)
- Write English limericks. (These are excellent and simple for writing, pronunciation and rhythm practice.)
- Rewrite fairytales, jokes or instructions in English.
- Go out and pretend you don't understand your native language (try to get by in only English).
- Go online and find the lyrics to your favourite English songs and sing along to them (use a search engine).
- Learn the words to English national anthems. Sing along when you hear them on TV (sporting events).
- Invent an English character for yourself (with job, family, etc). Write this person's biography.
- Buy an English board game (like Monopoly or Scrabble).
- Play cards in English.
- Start up or join an English reading or conversation club.
- Talk to yourself in English while you clean or do the dishes.
- Go around the house and try to name everything in English (furniture, clothes etc). Look up words you don't know.
Friday, November 26, 2010
FUN WITH ENGLISH
Labels: Fun with English